Help us to raise money for the benefit of the children and to strengthen the relationship between families and the school.
Who are we?
Every parent and carer is automatically a member of the PTA by having a child at Tackley School. There is a small committee to organise activities but everyone is welcome to join in to support the school.
Where does the money go?
The school and the PTA jointly decide where the money goes, based on a ‘wish list’ drawn up by the school. The PTA funds both one-off and regular activities and projects, and the money we raise helps the children experience a wide variety of cultural, sporting, musical and practical activities to enhance the curriculum.
For example, last year we arranged a theatre group to perform a Christmas pantomime for the children, bought practical equipment such as a fridge and a PE shed, subsidised a whole-school trip to activity centre Hill End and funded a visit from Happy Chicks, who hatched in an incubator before the children’s eyes over a fortnight or so! We also support regular events such as the Easter Egg Hunt, Sports Day, May Day and school performances.
How can you get involved?
All these lovely extras (and essentials) are only possible with the help of parents and carers, and we always need more help! You can join in as much or as little as you like: any help you can give is welcome. Examples are:
- Coming to friendly and informal meetings to discuss ideas (occasionally or regularly). These happen once a half-term on the second Tuesday of term.
- Sharing and commenting on ideas for fundraising via email or Facebook – please ask to join the Tackley School PTA closed group
- Contributing a cake for a cake sale
- Saving grown-out-of school uniform for us to sell at uniform sales
- Donating a used printer cartridge – we can get £1 each for these! Collection bin is in the school entrance.
- Helping with fundraising schemes, eg Sainsbury’s vouchers, Nestlé Box Tops
- Buying online purchases (eg Amazon) through easyfundraising – it doesn’t cost you anything and the school gets a donation (link below).
- Buying a micro-scooter and quoting the school’s Unique Reference Number 123177 – the school will receive 10% back (link below)!
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/ParentsofTS or search Tackley School PTA and ask to join.
Scooters for Schools http://www.micro-scooters.co.uk/scooters-for-schools
Co-Chairs: Melissa Dryden: 07969 071661, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Liz Marshall: 07752 199434, email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you soon! Look out for meeting notices on Facebook, in the school newsletter or on the noticeboard outside the playground.
Liz Marshall and Melissa Dryden (Co-Chairs of the PTA)